As this is the short time window of Google Summer of Code applications, I have seen a lot of requests for mochitest related bugs to work on. Normally, we look for new bugs on the bugs ahoy! tool. Most of these have been picked through, so I spent some time going through a bunch of mochitest/automation related bugs. Many of the bugs I found were outdated, duplicates of other things, or didn’t apply to the tools today.
Here is my short list of bugs to get more familiar with automation while fixing bugs which solve real problems for us:
- bug 958897 – ssltunnel lives if mochitest killed
- Bug 841808 – mozfile.rmtree should handle windows directory in use better
Bug 892283 – consider using shutil.rmtree and/or distutils remove_tree for mozfile
- Bug 908945 – Fix automation.py’s exit code handling
- Bug 912243 – Mochitest shouldnt chdir in __init__
- Bug 939755 – With httpd.js we sometimes don’t get the most recent version of the file
I have added the appropriate tags to those bugs to make them good first bugs. Please take time to look over the bug and ask questions in the bug to get a full understanding of what needs to be done and how to test it.